Got a picture about 2015 total federal spending: 3.8 Trillion. The interest on debt is more than the total of the following:
- science, energy& environment, housing& community, transportation,
- Education, transportation, housing&community
- Food and Agriculture + science + energy
- Veteran’s affairs + science + energy
- or any other combinations you want to put together.
The interest on debt is the number four spending in the federal spending. This is a huge concern to me
I remember one number very well when I was still a graduate student: “one day of Iraq war costs more than a whole year spending of National Science Foundation”.