Columbia Association’s Extreme Youth and Teens Program offers 10 exciting summer day trips
Give your kid the best summer ever by engaging them in positive activities through the summer months. There’s no need to stay home with nothing to do, not when Columbia Association’s (CA) Youth and Teen Center is offering 10 exciting excursions that will take them on adventures in Maryland, New York City, Pennsylvania and Virginia, with activities that include the beach, the Big Apple, amusement parks, water parks and state parks.
Between July 5 and Aug. 4, youth and teens between the ages of 9 and 18 can head to:
- Water Country USA in Williamsburg, Virginia — Tuesday, July 5
- Cascade Lake in Hampstead — Thursday, July 7
- Ocean City, Maryland — Tuesday, July 12
- Turkey Hill Experience in Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Hersheypark in Hershey, Pennsylvania — Thursday, July 14
- Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia — Tuesday, July 19
- New York City, New York — Thursday, July 21
- Whitewater rafting with River and Trail Outfitters in Knoxville, Maryland — Tuesday, July 26
- Six Flags in Largo, Maryland — Thursday, July 28
- Cunningham Falls State Park in Thurmont, Maryland — Tuesday, Aug. 2
- Arnold’s Family Fun Center, which is in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, and includes go-karts, games and rides — Thursday, Aug. 4
The price — $480 for CA residents and $590 for non-residents — covers all 10 trips, entrance fees, transportation via CA van or school bus, some meals and a T-shirt. Adventures can also be signed up for on a trip-by-trip basis ($75 per trip for CA residents, $88 per trip for nonresidents) any time prior to each individual trip. Space is limited. Register online at ColumbiaAssociation.org/eyt or at CA’s Youth and Teen Center at The Barn, which is located at 5853 Robert Oliver Place in the Oakland Mills Village Center. For more information, call 410-992-3726.
All trips will depart from the Youth and Teen Center. Departure and return times vary.
About Columbia Association
Columbia Association (CA) is a nonprofit community services corporation that manages Columbia, Maryland, a planned community that is home to approximately 100,000 people and several thousand businesses. Additional information about CA is available at ColumbiaAssociation.org.