Following the vote for Independence in 1776, John Adams wrote to his wife, Abigail, “I believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival… it ought to be celebrated by pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other…”
As envisioned by John Adams in 1776, we continue the tradition of celebrating the birth of our country with an Independence Day Parade! Here CAPA is joining River Hill Community to celebrate the Independence Day.
Parade Start. The parade will start at 9:00 am on July 4th at Pointers Run Elementary School.
- All parade vehicles must be in place at their assigned location at Pointers Run Elementary School by 8:00 a.m. Staging the parade from Pointers Run means that many parade vehicles must fit within that relatively small staging area. Because the safety of children walking through the staging area is always our top concern, parade vehicles must be in position by 8:00 am.
- People on foot or riding on the vehicles should be in place by 8:30. Please see the “Child Drop-Off Route” on the attached lineup map, and please share with parents.
- Restrooms are available at Pointers Run Elementary School. Some parking is available at Clarksville Middle School for vehicles not in the parade.
- Attached is the parade lineup with diagram showing the approximate lineup location.
- The parade ends at the River Hill Village Center. Police will direct all parade elements down Signal Bell Lane to the Clarksville Fire Department where a post-parade reception for parade participants will be held. All parade elements can park their vehicles at the Ten Oaks Ballroom parking lot.
- The post parade reception will end at 12:00 p.m.