- Howard County Veteran Foundation wants to build a Howard County Veterans Monument at the fountain location at Lakefront, which is a CA property. Their president Robert Gillette presented in front of the board. Anybody wants to support them can contact him at Email: email@example.com or Phone: 443-668-1037. CA BOD Reg Avery is on their board.
- Downtown Columbia Partnership is looking for CA to contribute them half million dollars of their total 1 million dollar budget. The other half part funding is provided by Howard Hughes.
- Pond study result came out. CA pond management will cost 5.7 million dollars over years. And this is just a start. We have 205 stormwater BMP to manage.
The board asked CA staff to check whether decommissioning some ponds is a possible solution. Proud Food and Hobbit’s Glen Golf Course East are possible candidates. Otherwise, every ten years, we are going to spend more than five million dollars on these again.
- The board approved to transfer Capital budget fund to fix Fairway Hills Flood Damage.
- The board approved request for purchasing exception ( waiver of “Request for Bids”) for the Fairway Hill Flood Damage repair.
I voted No on this since I did not see the need for the waiver.
- The board approved request for purchasing exception for video vendor of $75000.
I voted NO on this too since I did not like the idea that the staff picked up a single vendor and gave them money to do something. We have a “Request for Bids” process there. And I did not see the urgency for this project either.