Ms. Pamela Brown, Owen Brown Village, on the village board with CA board chair Andy Stack, worked on the Owen Brown Village Center renovation before. She is interested in knowing any new improvement to their village center. She is a strong proponent of village concept.
1) Kimco Presentation
- Scott Templin, talked about Columbia Village Center development plan. He reviewed the Columbia Market Study which was conducted by Columbia Association several years ago.
- Gregory Reed (Vice president development, mid-atlantic region) , daily trip for grocery store.The following six villages are owned by Kimco.
- River Hill (100% occupied, Retail 84%, restaurant 13%),
- Dorsey Search (94% occupied, Retail 80%, restaurant 14%),
- Harpers’ Choice (99% occupied, Retail 76%/restaurant 13%, office 2%, residential 8%),
- Kings Contrivance(93% occupied, Retail 75%, restaurant 15%, office 3%)
- Wilde Lake (83% occupied, Retail 55%, restaurant 22%, office 6%). Rebuilding almost done.
- Hickory Ridge (% occupied, Retail %,restaurant %, office %). Rebuilding will last three years, starting probably late summer 2018 in three stages.
2) Review to changes of Board Governance System
3) Minority business enterprise policy
4) Howard County easement request-intersection of broken land parkway and cradlerock way