This meeting is the first meeting for FY 2018-2019.
Brian England: talked about New Town zoning, “Guiding Principles for the 21st Century Planned Community of Columbia, Maryland”, Patuxent Self Storage development, commercial covenant enforcement, Royal Farms gas station problem (more monopoly, not compatible with county plan), parkway versus boulevard (DPZ term). DPZ should come up with a new CSP ( comprehensive sketch plan), they just ignore it. The CSP is an overview of what is allowed and CSP is missing unfortunately.
Jervis Dorton: commercial covenant enforcement problem, asking CA to stand up and enforce covenant, especially in industrial parks. One example, new gas station setback is 10 yards, in the past, the setback is 40-50 yards.
- There is no change of board members this year from all 10 villages.
- Board Chair Election: Andy Stack is the chair and Dick Boulton is the vice chair.
- Board member sitting in the Audit Committee, Risk Management Committees and several advisory committees.
- Representative of Columbia Association to Inner Arbor Trust: Lin Eagan and Janet Evans.
- Discussion on the Royal Farms Gas Station Development. The Columbia Association Board voted to ask CA staff to develop a strategy to oppose the current Royal Farms Sketch Development Plan again.
- Discussion on how to release closed meeting minutes in a timely manner. I added a clause to release closed meeting minutes. I believe any info which can be open should stay open in CA.