Newly Proposed Affordable Housing of Robinson Overlook at River Hill
This was presented to River Hill Village board on July 9th, 2018.
Tonight, the Wode Cooper Development, with the Howard County Housing Commission, is proposing 48 housing units at 7410 Grace Drive, Columbia, MD, 21044. The location is at the corner of Cedar Lane and Grace Drive, between Grace building and Robinson Nature Center. Note this is different from the Simpson Oaks’ development plan along Grace Drive uphill.
Woda Cooper Development (CJ Tyree), formed in 1990, have over 300 projects in 15 states. They build, own and manage properties. This project costs around 20 million dollars.
Howard County Housing Commission (Peter Engel) facilitated the development of around 800 affordable units in the county. This is their new project, partnering with Woda Copper.
Back-to-Back stacked units
48-unit rental townhouse/apartment
- 8: 1-bedroom (718sf)
- 19: 2-bedroom (962 sf)
- 21: 3-bedroom(1398 sf)
- Amenities include community room, computer lab, and tot lot.
Financing through low-income (62,000 a year income) housing tax credit, administered by Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
JC believe this stacked type of housing more appealing than apartment.
Mixed Income Structure
- 30% AMI targeted units = 9 . , annual salary of 20K for 1 bedroom
- 40% AMI targeted units = 6
- 50% AMI targeted units = 6
- 60% . AMI targeted units = 22
- Unrestricted income units = 5
- May 2018, submitted tax credit application
- August 2018, begin county entitlement process
- September 2018, receive tax credits
- July 2019, Receive building permits, begin construction
- August 2020, Complete construction
- December 2020, Complete leasing