This is not an official meeting minutes.
Open Space and Facility Services Update
–many ongoing/completed projects.
Discussion on annual charge rate for FY 2020
There was a discussion on the annual charge rate. The staff recommends keeping the annual charge rate at 0.68 dollar per 100 assessed dollars. I am advocating lowering the rate a little bit because I am concerned about more than 10% budget increase over four years.
Advisory Committee Report:
- Senior Advisory Committee: Sharonlee Vogel
- International Multiculture Advisory Committee: Valerie Montague
- Watershed Advisory Committee: Deborah Wessner
- Tennis Advisory Committee: Leo Bruette
- Art Center Advisory Committee: Doug Satteson
- Golf Advisory Committee: Keith Heilveil
- Health and Fitness Advisory Committee: Jessica Rennenkampf
Strategic Initiatives for President/CEO for Fiscal Year 2019
Milton Matthews proposed his own five strategic initiatives.
- Facilitate Development of and Gain Board Approval of a New Five-Year Strategic Plan for Columbia Association (CA).
- Open Lines of Communications and Develop a Working Relationship with Cedar Realty Trust, Inc., Primary Owner of the Oakland Mills Village Center.
- Implement Upgrades and other Improvements to CA’s Website, which may include the Development of a New Website.
- Provide the Board with an Updated Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan.
- Identify and Attend an Executive Level Professional Development Training Session, with a Focus on Growing my Knowledge to Anticipate and Execute the Requirements of Nonprofit Leadership.