HCPSS Seeks Members for Policy Development/Revision Committees
Applications Due by May 31, 2019
Ellicott City, Maryland —The Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) invites citizens to take an active role in developing and revising school system policies as members of policy development/revision committees.
HCPSS is currently seeking candidates for membership on the following 2019-2020 Policy Development/Revision Committees:
- Policy 1050 Tobacco-Free Environment/Policy, and Policy 9230 Alcohol, Other Drugs, Prescription Medication and Over the Counter Products (one committee will review both policies)
- Policy 4010 Donations/Policy 4020 Fund Raising (one committee will review both policies)
- Policy 4030 School Activity Funds
- Policy 7000 Workplace Diversity
- Policy 7120 Coaches and Advisors of High School Extracurricular Activities
- Policy 8080 Responsible Use of Technology and Social Media
- Policy 9010 Attendance
Each committee will include one member representing the General Citizens stakeholder group. Each policy committee typically meets 3-5 times, beginning in August or September, to discuss and make policy recommendations regarding educational programs and school system operations. Selected citizens will be contacted by July 1 with tentative committee meeting dates.
The knowledge, experience and perspective shared by community stakeholders are used to improve the policy review process and ensure transparency at every stage of the committee’s work. All current HCPSS policies can be viewed online.
Howard County citizens interested in participating may submit a statement of interest online, or contact the Policy Office at email@example.com or 410-313-8954. Please complete and submit a separate statement of interest for each policy committee of interest. The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 31, 2019.