BOE meeting recap 2022-1-13
- topics include: environmental literacy, mask breaks, concerning about covid-19
Student Board Member (Peter Banyas) Report:
- talked about the student townhall on covid, board virtual coffee hour, HCASC virtual general assembly.
- promotions and transfers
- Student Board Member Peter won the United States Senate forum in DC.
- 25% salary increase for substitute teachers
Howard County Educator Association (HCEA) presentation
- presentation from Prof. Meagan Fitzpatrick
- Policy 1025 Title IX Sexual Harassment, Report
- Policy 2010 Student Representation, approved
- Policy 4100 Investment, approved
- Policy 4070 Fund Balance, deferred
- Policy 9090 Wellness through Nutrition and Physical Activity, approved.
Public Forum Evening
topics included: reading strategic plan, covid-19 mitigation strategies and loss
- Bids and contracts
- Class Size Report
- School Start Times
- Operating Budget Review Committee
- 2022-2024 Proposed Academic Calendar
I am attaching some student’s art work hanging in the BOE central office.