Friends of Education Award
- Awardee: Ying Matties
- Nomination: Amanda Wang, Okinawan Karate Dojo, EnRich Minds
Long Reach High School Presentation
- HCPSS is giving out covid test kids to students. HCPSS is encouraging students to test themselves after the spring break.
- screen time and school lunch discussions
- The board support: CB26-2022, introduced by the Howard County Council Member Walsh during their April 2022, Legislative Session is presented to the Board of Education of Howard County in the attached Legislative Report. The Legislative Committee met on March 30, 2022, and recommends that the Board adopt the position indicated in the attached. Original language for the bill is also attached to this report.
- The board nominated Ms. Mosley to the MABE Board of Directors.
- Direct the Superintendent to review the policies that address screen time.
HCPSS Musgrove Farms Community Shared Septic System
- The Board is requested to approve the Option 1 Fee Structure so that the accounting department may implement the fee structure for billing and receivable activities to commence for FY2022 (and beyond).
- (Approved) Policy 9090 Wellness through Nutrition and Physical Activity
- (Approved) Policy 9100 Education Programs for Pregnant and Parenting Students
- (Report) Policy 6060 Community Improvement to School Sites or School Facilities
- (Report) Policy 4050 Procurement of Goods and/or Services
Proposed Instructional Materials and Review Schedule
- Some board members proposed cancelling the final exam again. Motioned made and failed.