bring police back to school, tighten covid response, transportation policy
- Condolence to Texas School shooting victims
- Protests around our schools recently
- Centennial High School earned top honors at the 15th regional U.S. Chinese-Bridge Proficiency Competition for High School Students of Non-Native Speakers. Thanks to Ms. Hui Liang
- Wilde Lake High School Spanish Teacher Maria Romano-Sweitzer and her students in Wilde Lake’s Spanish Honor Society won the 2022 Chapter Activity of the Year Award from the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese’s National Spanish Honor Society Region II Director.
- Beginning in July, students and families must complete a free and reduced-priced meals application form to receive meals at a reduced price or for free.
- The COVID positivity rate in Howard County continues to increase and it is in the high community transmission level according to the CDC.
- One, when a school or cohort has an outbreak, all students, visitors at the outbreak school will be strongly encouraged to remain masked at all times while indoors, except when eating or drinking. Students who are directly impacted by the outbreak will be required to mask for 10 days. Masks will be available at school for anybody who needs one.
- Two, we will encourage increased testing for all individuals who are part of an outbreak or who have been identified as a close contact.
- Effective immediately, any student or staff member who is identified as a close contact in an outbreak setting and is asymptomatic should be tested on day 1 after they are identified as a close contact, again on day three, and then again on day five. As long as all tests are negative, the individual may continue to attend school and participate in extracurricular activities –including high school graduations and other end-of-year celebrations.
- Last week, the CDC expanded eligibility for boosters to include children ages 5 to 11.
- Graduation season is coming.
- discussed the importance of inclusion. A new LGBTQIA+ liaison position and work done by CARY.
Annual Sportsmanship Award
- Present the 2022 Sportsmanship Cup Trophy to Hammond High School. Principal John DiPaula and Athletics Activities Manager Michael Lerner will accept the award for Hammond High School. Acknowledge Long Reach High School for first runner-up and Oakland Mills High School for second runner-up.
Music Educator of the Year Award
- Winner: Mr. Joseph Fisher of Mount Hebron High School. Runup: Angela Pope from Thomas Viaduct MS
Policy 5200 Student Transportation
North Columbia Fire Station Location Land Request
- Approved with amendment
School Resource Officer Program MOU