Maryland State Board of Education (MSBOE) and the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) in February 2022 to provide input for the development of a multi-year strategic plan for Maryland’s education system. To date, 22,950 Marylanders have responded to the survey which will remain open for the foreseeable future. The preliminary results included in the attached document identify the five top priorities Marylanders have identified in their responses thus far, including:
- Improving reading and writing in the early grades.
- Improving social, emotional, and mental health supports.
- Improving math and science skills.
- Developing more excellent teachers.
- Improving critical thinking, problem solving, and collaborative teamwork skills.
It is very interesting to see the divergence among different school system. The whole survey result is attached here: