I wanted to share an exciting opportunity for Maryland-based small businesses to apply for $20,000 grants launching on Monday, Feb. 13th, that I am hoping you will help share with your audience as well.
I’ve included a longer description below, as well as an attached one-pager in English for sharing and for your reference. Here is a link to our marketing toolkit.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know!
Through the BGE Energizing Small Business Grants Program, eligible businesses located in BGE’s service area will have the opportunity this year to apply for grants of $20,000:
- Grant opens on Monday, February 13th, 2023 at 9 a.m. ET and closes March 24th, 2023, at 6 p.m. ET. Recipients will be announced in June.
Applicants must be an existing BGE electric and/or gas customer with positive BGE credit history. Other eligibility criteria include:
- Be a business founded in 2020 or prior
- In good standing (or on the way to) with the State of Maryland
- A maximum of twenty-five (25) employees
- Annual gross revenues in 2021 of less than $7 million USD
- Demonstrated need for funding to support business and serve customers
Since the launch of the BGE Energizing Small Business Grants program in 2021, BGE, Hello Alice, and the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) engaged over 400 partner organizations and 10,000 small businesses, dispersed over $7.98M in funds to 397 diverse small business owners across a variety of industries in the state of Maryland and provided continued support to non-recipients through access to unlimited tools, resources and step-by-step guides within the Hello Alice platform.
Thank you for your help to enable us to reach even more Maryland-based small businesses in the third year of the program.
We appreciate your help and support for small businesses!
Partner Success Manager, Hello Alice