Updated: The final redistricting proposal approved by the BOE on Nov 20 2019 is here: https://chaowu.org/2019/11/22/hcpss-redistricting-final-result-for-2020-2021/
Superintendent Dr. Martirano proposed his redistricting proposal tonight (8/22/2019). Here are the proposed moves.
Elementary School Move
Middle School Move
High School Move
HS 13 Boundary
I don’t have the polygon numbers yet for HS13. I will add them when I have it.
The whole document is attached here for your reference:
08 20 2019 Attendance Area Adjustment BR
08 20 2019 Attendance Area Adjustment PowerPoint
Please click here find your polygon number at http://hcpss-gis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=06528401636a4a48b1ef681c66a61a07
Your comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some timelines for the process.
All public hearings will be held at the Department of Education, 10910 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City, with satellite rooms available for overflow.
- Tuesday, September 17, 7 p.m.
- Families currently zoned for Centennial HS, Howard HS, Mt. Hebron HS, Oakland Mills HS
- Tuesday, September 24, 7 p.m.Families currently zoned for Atholton HS, Hammond HS, Long Reach HS, Wilde Lake HS
- Thursday, September 26, 7 p.m.
- Families currently zoned for Glenelg HS, Marriotts Ridge HS, Reservoir HS, River Hill HS
Board Work Session
The Board of Education is currently scheduled to have seven public work sessions to discuss the suggested boundary review. The public may attend a work session but may not participate. The BOE is expected to make a preliminary decision during their final work session on November 18.
- Thursday, October 10, 6:30 p.m
- Thursday, October 24, 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 30, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 5, 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 12, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 14, 6:30 p.m..
- Monday, November 18 Preliminary decision
Board Final Decision
The Board of Education is scheduled to make their final decision on any boundary line adjustments.