topics copied: discipline discrepancy, mental health support need.
Current legal counsel Mr. Mark Blom is retiring. Thanks for his service. We are hiring J. Stephen Cowles as our new general counsel.
- Employee bonus 1800 dollars
- covid positivity rate is 11.22% and 7-day average was 48.34
- Dashboard data update: use Synergy to synchronize. only show cases took place in HCPSS.
- HCHD updated quarantine protocols: 5-day
- At home test kit distribution: purchased 66000 units will be distributed to every student and staff member.
- Mask update: keep the mask mandate now
- Technology update: 7850 more chromebooks will arrive earlier.
- President’s Day Inclement weather makeup (Monday Feb 21, 2022)
- Juneteenth National Independence Day: June 20, 2022 school will be closed. If the board choose to use President’s Day as an inclement weather make-up day, then students will not be scheduled to be in school on Monday, June 20th. However, if an additional inclement weather days are required, we will need one more inclement weather day on June 22, 2022.
- Valuing all people.
- 2017 Office of Civil Rights Accessibility Audit closure.
For parents, call 211 for children’s mental health, etc. (https://211md.org/)
9th grade orientation, mental health support, etc.
Howard County Educator Association (HCEA): presentation from Swansfield ES about restorative justice successful practice.
Howard County Association of Supervisors and Administrators (HCASA)
- Proclamation: African American History Month
- Bids and Contract: Information Technology Research and Advisory Services
- Student Enrollment Projection Accuracy Report
- As of September 30, 2021, the countywide K-12 enrollment of the HCPSS was 55,899. The projection developed in the Spring of 2021 for the same timeframe was 58,208, a 2,309 student difference (Attachment 2). Approximately 57 percent of the projections by school had error rates at or below 5 percent. Approximately 10 percent of the projections by school were within 10 students of the actual student enrollment (Attachments 3 and 4). The mean absolute percentage error (MAPE) by school was 5.0 percent.
- The 2021 projection was developed and finalized prior to the onset of the recent variants of COVID-19. Much of the 2,309 student difference is due to families choosing to homeschool, transfer their students to private schools, or delay kindergarten enrollment.
- Legislative Report (state bills and council bill from council member Deb Jung)
- HS 13 Boundary Review: Move approval to direct the Superintendent to initiate the boundary review process outlined Policy 6010 during calendar year 2022. This review should include boundary modifications to establish an attendance area for New High School #13, including related adjustments.
- Operating Budget Review Committee (OBRC)
- Proposed Modification for the 2021-2022 Academic Calendar
- Move to use Presidents Day 2022 as a school day to replace one of the January inclement weather days.
- Move to close schools and offices on the observed Juneteeth as a holiday
- Move to make an inclement weather make up day for June 22, 2022
Public Forum 7:00
topics: girls on the run, lunch quality , student discipline, vision screening for students, mask mandate,
- school start time
- school budget
- school calendar
For those who celebrate the Lunar New Year, Happy New Year, Year of Tiger.