HCPSS Digital Education Center Virtual Information Sessions, March 31, 2021
March 18th, 2021
- The full digital learning center is depending on FY 2022 funding which will be determined by the county executive and the county council in April and May 2021 separately.
- This information session helps the school system to gauge student interest and set up the center accordingly.
- The student enrolled into this digital learning center still belong to a home school.
- The teacher in this digital learning center will not teach concurrently. They may work from home or dedicated school space.
- Here is the budget proposal for this center https://chaowu.org/2021/02/16/hcpss-proposed-digital-learning-center/
The Howard County Public School System is considering a virtual school option for students in grades K-12 who wish to remain virtual for the 2021-2022 (upcoming) school year. Once finalized, the Digital Education Center program will give students the option to access synchronous (real-time) instruction and digital assignments while receiving support services from the student’s districted home school.
The HCPSS Digital Education Center (DEC) is currently in the planning and design phase. The DEC would allow students to take all classes and earn credits virtually while maintaining a relationship with their assigned home school. The final DEC scope and options are subject to funding, staffing and final Board of Education approval.
HCPSS students and families interested in learning about the DEC option can register to attend a virtual information session Wednesday, March 31 at 1 or 7 p.m. Register using the links below to receive login information for the applicable session.
Please select one of the links below to register for a session:
Information presented during the session will be made available online following each session for those who are unable to attend. Answers to frequently asked questions and additional information on the DEC are forthcoming.
Please note that decisions on the 2021-2022 academic year, in terms of students returning in person, hybrid or virtually have not yet been determined, and will be communicated as soon as possible.