This is the letter from HCPSS superintendent Dr. Martirano to our senators on the Blueprint for Maryland Future legislation (Senate Bill SB1000/House Bill HB1300). The full letter is attached here.
The letter talked about good side of the legislation:
There are more challenges laying ahead.
Challenges Specific to Howard County: Lack of Local aid increase/budget pressures
- Local funding for teacher salary increases
- Salary increases for Non-Teachers
- Dual Enrollment costs
- Administrative costs
Broader Implementation Challenges
- Budgeting and reporting
- Career Ladder Implementation
- Early Childhood Education
- College and Career Readiness
- Accountability and Oversight